Advanced Geiger Counter Radiation Dosimeter SOEKS 01M
In certain areas of the world, many people agree that unusually elevated levels of radiation are being found in rainwater, seafood, meat, milk, strawberries, and mushrooms. And while the levels may not be instantly life threatening, there is an increased concern about the long-term effects since the 2011 Fukushima disaster. And when you combine this with exposure from x-rays, air travel and antiques, it’s only natural to have this concern for your family’s health.
You already know exposure to Gamma, Beta and X-Ray radiation, long-term or in excess is harmful. They cause irreversible changes to cells, DNA and promote cancer. So it makes sense to maintain exposure at normal background levels.Of course, you probably don’t have PhD in nuclear physics, but that doesn’t mean you can’t monitor radiation levels also!
The SOEKS 01M Generation 2 Radiation Detector is the user-friendly Geiger Counter for anyone concerned about the safety of their food, and environment. And while it may be a device so simple even a child can use, make no mistake – the Military Grade Geiger-Muller Tube in the Gen-2 gives you lab accuracy!
You’ll Be Amazed At What You Can Find!
You may be surprised to learn, those antique and vintage ceramics you have at home are hot with radioactivity! Cruising altitudes on flights are too!
Until the 1960’s Uranium, Thorium and Radioactive Potassium-40 were used in in glassware, pottery, and ceramic dishes, like the brightly colored Fiesta ware, and yellow/green glow in the dark Canary Glass (… aka Vaseline Glass).On the surface they pose little threat – but when you consume acidic food and drink from them, they leach radioactive chemicals, which end up in your body. Take the SOEKS 01M-G2 Detector home, hold it next to these items and you’ll see what we mean! Discover what you can and can’t use next to food! And when you take it along on your next overseas flight (… turn the sound off) you’ll see exactly how much radiation you’re exposed to on every flight.
Easy To Use!
While our PRIME and QUANTUM models are a little more advanced, we’ve kept the 01M-G2, user-friendly with just 3 Modes. Select Search and the unit will let you know if you are near, or far from a radiation source. To test a particular item, choose Background Radiation Mode and hold your sample against the unit (next to the Geiger Tube). And when you select Accumulated Dose Mode you can see what your total radiation dose was for a set period of time.
Easy To Read
Each mode comes pre-set with normal thresholds, and uses visual display and alarm sounds to show your exposure. Green tells you radiation levels are normal, orange lets you know they’re elevated and red alerts you to danger. And because radiation is a fluctuating energy, the unit also displays a bar meter, and refreshes readings every 10 seconds. You’ll also see a small arrow letting you know when background radiation is falling. Like when you walk away from that radioactive glass, antique shop, or as your flight descends.
And If You Want Numerical Vales…
Your unit will display those too! It is pre-set to display values in Micro Sieverts per hour (mcSv/h). Normal human exposure is 2000 mcSv each year. The lowest annual dose at which an increase in cancer is seen is 100,000 mcSv. Not only can you test food, and things like antiques, toys, money, soil and air - you can also keep it plugged in via USB, running a continuous background check.
How Do I Know It’s Working?
Naturally, you won’t have uranium lying around your home, or live by Chernobyl and Fukushima. But if you hold the rear of your device next to the rear of your smoke detector you’ll see the meter rise. Smoke alarms contain the radioactive Isotope Americium-241. But don’t worry, there’s no danger so long as you don’t eat your smoke detector! And you’ll notice the radiation level drop as you walk away.
An Affordable Choice For Your Peace Of Mind
By now you can see the 01M-G2 is an obvious choice for anyone concerned with radiation levels in their food, environment, or the objects they use every day! If you’re ready for an entry level Geiger Counter with all the lab quality information to keep your family safe, you’re ready for the SOEKS 01M-G2
What’s Included In Your Order:
- 01M-Generation 2 Radiation Detector (Geiger Counter And Dosimeter)
- Instruction Manual
- 2x AAA Batteries
- 2 Year Warranty
SOEKS O1M-G2 Specifications:
- Upgraded Generation 2 Model (combines 01M-G1 and Defender functionality, improved interface and faster processor
- Updated readings every 10 seconds.
- Long Battery Life: 50 Hours at continuous work
- 2x 1.5V AAA Batteries (Single Use Batteries Included)
- Accepts rechargeable NiMH Batteries (Charge with Mini USB, between 2.3 – 3.5V and current no more than 300mA)
- 3 Modes: Search, Background Radiation, Cumulative Dose
- Multilingual – Easy to choose your language ( Eng, Esp, Port, Fr, Deutch, Rus)
- Display: TFT, 128x160px
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 4.6” x 1.6” x 0.7”
- Weight: 2.8oz
- Operating Temperature: -4 - +140° F (-20 - +60°C)
GEIGER COUNTER / RADIATION DETECTOR FUNCTION:
- Measures Ionized Radiation levels from Gamma, Beta and X-Ray (Does not measure Alpha particles or Neutrons)
- Latest Military Grade Geiger Muller Tube SBM-20-01
- Radiation measured between 0.1 to 999 mcSv/h
- Accumulated dose measured up to 999 mcSv/h
- Visual and Audible Alarms
GLOSSARY OF TERMS – Units of Ionizing Radiation
- 1 mcSv/h (one microsievert per hour)
- Equals 0.001 Millisievert/hr (mSv/h)
- Equals 100 microentgen/hr (mcR/h)
- 1 mcR/h (one microentgen/hour):
- Equals 0.01 Microsievert/hr (mcSv/h)
- Equals 0.00001 Millisiever/hr (mSv/h))
- 1 mSv/h (one millisievert/hour):
- Equals 1000 Microsievert/hr (mcSv/h)
- Equals 100,000 Microentgen/hr (mcR/h)
SOEKS 01M Generation 2 Geiger Counter Radiation Detector Review
SOEKS 01M Gene...SOEKS 01M Generation 2 Geiger Counter Radiation Detector Review
Changing langu...Watch this video to learn how to change language on NEW SOEKS ...
2 Year Limited Warranty
Find Similar Products by Tag
Customers also viewed